Monday, April 8, 2013

Brassica Oleracea

Broccoli

Its time to begin harvesting the broccoli!  Some people in my family are thrilled - others, not so much.  I think some days I could eat broccoli all day long.  I have always loved that delicious green tree looking vegetable as long as I can remember.  I remember the first time I had the best broccoli salad.  I was working at a local florist, and next door was a small liquor store with a deli in the very back.  I remember going over there during my lunch break to get this delicious stuff!  I try very diligently to prepare green vegetables daily for my family because they are so nutritious.  Tonight is no different.  Because the weather here can't decided between winter, spring or summer, and it's been rainy, windy and just plain chilly, I've decided on Cream of Broccoli Soup.

First broccoli of Spring 2013
I've posted Pioneer Woman's recipe on my "In The Kitchen" page for delicious broccoli soup.
Enjoy your greens!


No comments:

Post a Comment